We all have them in our kitchen. I have a boxful, but hardly ever use them. I only pull out the coffee maker when we have folks over. For my coffee drinking pleasure, I always use my Keurig. I absolutely love it! If you are a coffee drinker you need to check it out.
Anyway back to the coffee filters. Did you know they have a million uses other than filtering coffee? Well, maybe not a million, but I found twelve, besides the obvious one.
1. Flower pot liner: Put a filter in the bottom of a small pot when repotting.
2. Drip catcher: Slide the popsicle stick through the filter to prevent messy hands.
3. Safe stacking: Put a filter between plates when storing.
4. Snack bowls: Use as disposable snack bowls for popcorn or chips.
5. Spill preventer: Wrap around taco shells and hot dogs to prevent messes.
6. Grease absorber: Place on plate to drain french fries or bacon after frying.
7. Window cleaner: Use them to clean windows and mirrors. They are lint free.
8. Polish applicator: Use one to apply shoe polish.
9. Food cover: Cover food in the microwave to prevent messes.
10. Prevent rust: Store your cast iron skillet lined with coffee filters. They will absorb grease and moisture.
11. Light diffuser: Place filter over flash or light to soften the light for photographs.
12. Crafts: Of course, you can make flowers, butterflies, and wreaths!
Amazing! I never thought coffee filters would have so many uses!, Do you use coffee filters any other way?
I hope you have a great weekend! For those of you along the east coast, stay safe, and for those in the south, stay cool.